View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 10:08 PM   #75
ejtv OP
Per ipsum

Oddometer: 1,518
Talking Denver to Moab Day 1

My son and I flew into Denver Wednesday, picked up bikes at repair shop around 10 AM, cleaned up mini-storage, shipped a box of stuff we didn't need home and finally fueled at Sedalia to start our trip around 2 PM:

Plan was to follow a southern dirt route via Rampart Range, Guffey, Ute Pass, Marshall Pass, Lake City, Cinnamon-California-Hurricane-Corckscrew-Imogene Passes, Telluride, Last Dollar Pass, Uncompaghre, Gateway, John Brown Canyon, and finally Moab in 2 1/2 days.

Then meet Jakbrand & other friends from Florida Friday evening at Moab to start our Grand Utah Roulette Saturday morning, returning the following Friday, for a total of 10 days of hard dirt riding and camping.

First mechanical of the trip, we noticed bark buster of one of the WR's with a missing bolt. We turned around at the gas station to head back when we noticed a bike shop in Sedalia right before entering the highway. Owner gladly looked for one, found it, gave it to us and sent us on our way! Super nice guy and if you are ever in Sedalia, a good shop to get some last minute repairs done.

One of the many dirt roads leading into Guffey and then Marshall Pass:

Not too many pics this first day since we were wanting to make as much progress as possible through areas we had already traveled before. We arrived at Marshall Pass after about 170 miles around dusk at 9 PM and started to look for a camping site. We settled here for the chilliest night of the whole 10 days of riding. We packed enough dehydrated food for dinners and breakfast to last us until Moab, along with a small solid fuel ultralight stove and camping gear.

New suspension on the WR's by Go Race Suspension vastly improved the handling of these WR250Rs. More on my assessment of the bikes later on.

Road Reports by ejtv click here

ejtv screwed with this post 06-24-2012 at 02:08 PM
ejtv is offline   Reply With Quote