View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 05:36 AM   #20
jdub OP
Dawg bytes reel gud

Oddometer: 1,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis53 View Post
What kind of seat for 100,000 miles? Looks like a Sargent?
I've tried eight different seats on this bike, including Corbin, Rick Mayer, Russell, Touratech, etc., and have settled on this Sargent as best for my all-around uses. I used an Airhawk on top of the Sargent for the first few days of the trip dead-heading west, but then stowed the Airhawk once I hit Colorado. Moving around a lot while riding is a key for me to stay comfy.

I honestly think the Sargent finally broke in during this trip (I've put probably 25k miles on this one, and bought it used on the Flea Market last year). I tried another Sargent on this bike previously, and ended one 775 mile day in extreme pain on it - it was sold the next day. Just like everyone's butt is different, I guess all seats are different too.

My wife has also tried Sargent, Rick Mayer and Corbin passenger seats, and her final/favorite set-up is an OEM standard GS (not-GSA) seat with an Airhawk pad wrapped with non-slip shelf liner. She's good for 200 mile stints with this set-up, before we both need get off and stretch our legs.
jdub is offline   Reply With Quote