Thread: The Mobius Trip
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 07:05 PM   #4990
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
M9 Day 4, Tuesday May 15, 2012

I heard some birds chirping, and unzipped the fly to the tent. I rubbed my eyes... it was as if the sky was on fire. I ran over to get the Leica. I clicked it onto my HDR settings where it take 5 consecutive shots with varying exposures for later synthesis. Shitshitshit. The cap is on. Super long exposure time... and then wait for noise cancelling... I'm dying here...

The light actually changed in the time it took for the camera to reboot. But I still ended up with this:

and about a minute later... this:

about two minutes after that the light show was over... it was just another bland, mildly overcast morning.

Today's route would take us across southwestern ID to the Oregon border at Jordan Valley and the completion of the T2 Tour of Idaho route (except for the far eastern part which we'd pick up at the end of our big loop).

But first we'd have to get out of Bruneau Canyon. How hard could that be?
"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote