View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 08:02 AM   #22
steveb126 OP
Adventurer Anonymous

Oddometer: 1,011
June 22

151 Mt Pisgah road up to the parkway then ends there. I wonder if maybe this would have been the route the Vanderbilts would have taken to their Lodge near where the Inn stands today ?

After a look see at Looking Glass I headed down 276 to explore some FS roads.

Stopped for a break at these cascading falls when a XL650 rider swung in to say hi and check if I was ok, probably the awestruck giddy smile you could see a mile away on my face from sensory overload and my decision to stay another couple days. The woods were so alive with fresh mountain air, smells so thick you could see them. Stinkweed is dudes inmate name and he explained to me the meaning, (wasn't what I thought since I came up in the 70's). Shared some good route tips, Thanks Stinkweed ! Before he was out of sight I thought to myself Dang It why didn't I snap a pic ? So I head on down the road and a guy approachs from the opposite direction, we both slow up and stop. Clockwatcher has a really nice Transalp that I've seen pics of on here before, he was generous enough to go over the route tips suggested by Stinkweed and gave me a few more for west of 276. This time I snapped a pic, Thanks Clockwatcher !

So down the road I go with a plan, under the parkway and down through Bent Creek

Anonymous rider, looked orange to me

Got back on the parkway at 191 and stopped back at camp to eat lunch and double check my atlas for an afternoon of more FS roads.

steveb126 screwed with this post 06-25-2012 at 03:31 PM
steveb126 is online now   Reply With Quote