Last night I dropped off my frame and center stand with a local guy for some fixing. He's going to straighten those center stand tabs, fill them, re-drill and re-tap. He's going to fix the hole I made when I cut off the fork lock;) (more of those friendly bad influences at work;), and finally he's going to fix the center stand where the tube has been ground through. Really nice guy - I have high hopes for some good work:)
After that I came home and removed the swing arm bearings. What a clever tool! (thanks to Mike V. for letting me borrow it!)
I was going to try to unscrew the shaft bolt but I didn't have a big enough socket so I'm hoping the shop that is going to pull my shaft out will not give me a hard time about the bolt... That's on tonight's menu:)
oh, and here's that picture of the POR15 liner. not my best work. I got a little stripper in the gas cap well so I decided to just paint the well with the POR15. You can see the silver liner through the hole. As I mentioned, it was a pain, and I'm not sure how good a job i did. Time will tell. I'll be keeping a close eye on the filters and will probably drain the tank again in 6 months to check it out.