View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 06:06 PM   #96
EbarDP48
Got Adventure?

Oddometer: 816
Quote:
At Hite, another rider, D, wasn't feeling that great after Bobby's Hole and the heat and decided to return to Moab...ebarDP48, out of solidarity, accompanied D back…
We took advantage of ejtv's Yamaha starting problems by waiting in the shade of the first real trees we'd seen since we'd left Moab. During this time D got real quite and then turned a nice shade of green. It wasn't long before he heaved everything except his boots.
I've been there and I know how difficult it is to ride when you're sick but D pressed on towards Hite.

I asked for a sign once we stopped in Hite and D gave me the ol "Thumbs up"

But not long after this was taken he almost collapsed. We got some fluids in him, but he was done.
I knew that we were behind schedule and that Dwip and JakBrand needed to head on out without further delay.
I didn't feel right leaving D in Hite alone...especially considering that we didn't know his true condition.
JakBrand, Dwip and D all protested that I should continue on the ride, but I finally convienced them to go on ahead without me.
This would be the end of my ride in Utah this time....But, by the next day I'd devised a plan.
I decided to make the best of a bad situation as I waited for D to recover long enough to ride...or bury him.
Here are a few pictures of Hite.

I looked up" middle of nowhere" in the dictionary and found this picture leading into Hite Utah.

Utah really is a great place to ride. If you ever get the chance....say YES!!

More on my alternate plans in a different ride report.
Bert

Once you've gone adventure, you can never go back.
============================
09 KTM 530, 07 KTM 300 XC, 07 Triumph Tiger,1967 Honda P50, 2001 Honda XR70,

EbarDP48 screwed with this post 06-27-2012 at 06:47 PM
EbarDP48 is offline   Reply With Quote