View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #2965
Wallowa
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,116
Wink Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Wanderer View Post
Interesting that the reason people buy the newer 1200GS bikes is because they don't have surging issues, they don't have the snatchy throttle issues nor do they have roll on and roll off throttle issues that the 1150 and 1100 models are so notorious for. With the new controllers and dual O2 sensors, independant cylinder management and even anti knock sensors I have to wonder why you think you need an air temp spoofer for such a machine? This is fixing a problem that IMO, does not exist.

Have you ridden a 1200 yet? Or just feel a need to join the cult?
Back at you..."Have you ridden a 1200 yet?"...of course the transition throttle is 'snatchy' and try running smoothly with subtle throttle inputs in first gear at walking speeds...up a steep dirt trail...perhaps the 1150/1100s were worse, I have no point of reference for I have not ridden them..but my '07 GSA has a crappy slow speed throttle response...and guess what...the IICE Air and BP both smoothed a lot of that out...no pitching you over the bars when dancing off road in first gear...much, much smoother throttle and power roll on..

But hey, I could be wrong..