View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #2966
Codewheeney
Hoopy Frood

Oddometer: 2,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallowa View Post
Back at you..."Have you ridden a 1200 yet?"...of course the transition throttle is 'snatchy' and try running smoothly with subtle throttle inputs in first gear at walking speeds...up a steep dirt trail...perhaps the 1150/1100s were worse, I have no point of reference for I have not ridden them..but my '07 GSA has a crappy slow speed throttle response...and guess what...the IICE Air and BP both smoothed a lot of that out...no pitching you over the bars when dancing off road in first gear...much, much smoother throttle and power roll on..

But hey, I could be wrong..
I gotta say, my 1150, even without the Air, has pretty smooth slow speed throttle response. Perhaps it's the weight, but I don't have a problem with slow speed control. Taking Jim Hyde's course seemed to help (especially the exercise where you walk the running bike around the paddock with just the clutch, walking next to the bike on the left side, right hand on the saddle), but i don't find the throttle response jerky on my bike. I haven't ridden a 1200 off road yet.

Reading all the technical posts, the air shouldn't really make too much, if any, difference on throttle tip in, it's only for leading throttle. Which, again, makes me say: Where's my Cool, damnit!?!?

JC

Plays in traffic.