View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 11:11 PM   #9
Snowy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,608
Here's the BMW doing this track 2-up:

and then my DR650 with RMX 450 suspension front and back, resprung and revalved and a lot of time and effort.

The BMW 2up is moving about 1/3 of the pace of the DR and that is about it's practical limit.

Solo I can push the Big Fat Bavarian along at about 3/4 of the DR pace, but then things like rims get bent regularly.

So it needs an upgrade to the front end.

I already have the heavier Ohlins springs, and with good dampers they'd be adequate. As it is, I'm working on a transplant option. A full MotoX front end, 0.55 springs and a heavy duty billet race hub, off road race rim with single Motard disc and 4 piston caliper.

I have an Ohlins and a Showa USD option, as I have full sets of both, but I'm thinking a conventional DRZ front end with the older conventional motoX internals, sprung and valved to suit the weight.

My aim is to be able to run the same sort of trail pace that I can comfortably do on the DR all day (the pace in the video of the DR is about what I stick to all day out bush, very few mistakes, and next to no close calls, day after day) and also be able to throw the wife on the back and bang through a forest to a camping spot for a weekend.
Snowy is online now   Reply With Quote