View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #8
rhino_adv OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 628
update

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_adv View Post
I got out for a ride this afternoon and ended up in Logan County at this old bridge I have crossed many times. I stopped and took a few photos to share. There are two old iron bridges just a few yards apart. They are just north of lincoln and cross the kickapoo Creek.

I cross these bridges several times a week on my way to and from Lincoln. Last night I went to Lincoln to return some movies to the RED BOX and found the bridges closed. I did not have my camera, as it was in the tank bag of the KLR, so I returned today to photograph them.
These bridges have needed maintanince for several years, but have not gotten any. Since there is a new concrete bridge just a 1/2 mile to the east, I do not expect these bridges will ever be repaired and opened for traffic.

Logan County has a history of removing its old iron bridges shortly after they have been decomishined. If you wish to see these bridges you should make a point of doing so soon.
And YES, MARK....I did go around the baracades and cross the bridges..
Video below!!!

Brad
985+ Old Bridges in Missouri
PAVED ROADS...... ANOTHER PERFECT EXAMPLE OF NEEDLESS, SPENDING BY THE GOVERNMENT"
rhino_adv is offline   Reply With Quote