View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 04:27 AM   #1795
knybanjo OP
kinda slow

Oddometer: 23,075
We received some very sad news yesterday.

We lost ROBBLE in that C-130 crash fighting fires out West on Sunday.
http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123308432

There's a memorial thread for him in inmates. link

Quote:
Originally Posted by knybanjo View Post
Gonna miss you Robbie.

Rest In Peace my friend.

You served us until the end and made the greatest sacrifice that a man can make.

Robbie aka ROBBLE didn't post much online but he was one of us. If you ever attended a PARTY BOSS Production such as the RDV you would know Robbie. Serving was where Robbie's heart was and he was Rick's right hand man, never far away and always taking care of things before even being asked. If Rick went on a group ride Robbie was there right behind him, so you know just by that, that he was one hell of a rider as well, you had to be to stay on Rick's wheel. Robbie was there when Rick had electrical problems on a ride I was leading, Rick was in good hands with Robbie and they made it back to camp.

Robbie was my right hand man on the rides I led this year at what we now call Rick's RDV. I can't believe that we have lost both of these great men. When red bud crashed on Saturday morning Robbie was quick to get himself right there down on the pavement with him. Robbie's smile and calming voice were the first things Mark would find when he came to...his military training proved invaluable to us on the road as well.

Robbie left us as a firefighter and hero, we worried about him being shot at in Afghanistan but it was here on his homeland where he would make the ultimate sacrifice. Robbie never met a stranger and was looking forward to meeting some 'Western' ADV inmates while stationed out there to fight fires, unfortunately they never got the chance.

Here's a text he sent me just the day before we lost him.

I can't help but feel cheated that I didn't get to know Robbie better, I'm thankful to have met a man such as he was.

I don't remember who took this pic...it's pilfered from the RDV pic thread...but it's Robbie as I'll always remember him.