View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 05:45 AM   #93
Matt 82 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwakbiker View Post

Photos
Nice pics man. Shame you didn't get the weather. I bet you get a great view from the top of Ben Nevis on a clear day. Next time when you're on your bike I'm positive you'll get some sunshine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie264 View Post
Great post, just stumble in here. Some fantastic photos Matt, you certainly have the eye and for someone like me who never takes any pics, thanks for sharing.

Iíd like to say well done and goes to prove a point, you donít need to spend 14k on metal panniers to enjoy the world on a bike. I have fond memories of the first bike trip myself and a friend from school did when we were 16 on 50ccís, it was daunting to be travelling on our own, one tent two sleeping bags. At 35mph we didnít get that far over that bank holiday weekend but it was great experience.
Thanks man. Right now I'm looking for my first big bike (I have my Mod 1 on Sunday). I'll be buying second hand so rather than getting my heart set on one bike and then finding that there's none for sale, I have a shortlist. The chances of me ever taking the bike offroad are minimal so while an Africa Twin or GS with aluminium panniers would be cool (and would look good in the photos) there's just no need right now. Not to rule it out in the future or anything but I'm likely to get a road bike. Probably a Deauville and just put up with the disdain from fellow bikers!

Your trip sounds a good one. Pity we didn't have ride reports then, as that would've made for a good read!

My Flickr
Matt 82 is offline   Reply With Quote