View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #89
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Oddometer: 919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwrider206 View Post
Thanks Mike. I am attempting to avoid a rear rack. Which is where the Kriega's really come in. So most things will need to fit inside the bags to properly mount. I might eventually break down and buy a rack, but just think the Bonnie's look really cool without personally.
I wonder if I could do what you suggest with fitting a 30 across the saddle (90 degrees), and then attach 1 bag above and 1 bag behind. Either 30+30+20 or 30+20+20. That would give plenty of room. Have you heard of this configuration working?
Fair play. My Scrambler was all sleek and stripped down to start with, but the more I used it, the more practical stuff got bolted on. But Bonnies do look good 'au naturel', so I don't blame you for not racking it out.

Either of those configurations will work, but I'd generally try to keep the center of gravity as low as possible, so the less weight you stack the better 2 x US-30 on top of each other works fine, but less height is generally better). For this reason, I'd suggest going with the US-30 + 2 x US-20. That way you have the option to try the standard combo70 configuration in-line on the bike, or mount the 30 across the seat with a 20 on top and / or one on the back. And, for the rare chance that neither of those are quite what you want, you could always grab a $35 tank adaptor at a later date so that one of the 20s can go up front.

The choice is yours!

Michael

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote