View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 03:01 PM   #90
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Oddometer: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpred View Post
Thanks Michael. I'm definitely open to suggestions. I spent about 1.5 hrs playing around with them before drilling. The hardest part was trying to find a place on the exhaust side to mount to the subframe. Yamaha doesn't make it all neat and symmetrical like the KTM model used to show mounting. Other pics attached. And yes...the bags are mounted and stuffed with towels in the last pic. I gotta run out of town for the remainder of the week, but I will play around with them some more when I get back.

Thanks for these, Jeff.

I would definitely take a look at fitting the second pair of Rack Loops further back on the fender and wider apart, in a similar position to as shown in the instructions. This will give you increased adjustability via the cam straps so the bags can be more diagonally mounted (which will give more clearance from your pipe in the process) and also position the seat strap more rearwards. I'd also consider the possibility of anchoring the ladder-lock straps to the actual frame spar...

To be fair, you can probably leave the ones you've already fitted where they are, depending on what size tail pack you intend to use. Although forward and wider apart might be better.

If I was local, and you left me the keys to your garage, I'd happily come over and have it all ready to roll by the time you get back from out of town.

Michael

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread

amanlikemike screwed with this post 07-03-2012 at 03:07 PM
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote