View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 10:38 AM   #96
itsatdm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,670
Don't forget ADV is an Internet source. Think of it as a library, where you never heard of the authors. It requires some ability to separate the wheat from the chaff. Whether you can do that requires a little knowledge and experience, or you can just make fun of it.

I think BMW realized their mistake in calling this bike a 650. At least now there is some way to differentiate the models. I think the changes are a plus. They also lowered the gearing a tad, so you should feel the added power a little more.

We seem to get all hung up on HP differences, especially comparing to other bikes. Generally that HP only comes with more cubic inches or spinning the engine to higher rpms. OK on a street bike, not necessarily good for dirt. So deciding which of those bikes to buy, you need to look at where you are going to ride it.

Triumph has won the HP crown, though the F800 make more of it below 8,500 rpm. KTM has already announced, according to an Internet source, a 1090cc bike for late 2012 and a 1290cc for late 2013. If KTM holds true to their word, there will be 700cc. The internet reported it to be a twin, seems like the KTM 690 fills that void. Don't know if I believe the 1090 1 year model, but no doubt about the 1290cc. Competition for the new water cooled R1200.

That is why I still believe the 900cc will makes its way into the BMW line up.

itsatdm screwed with this post 07-04-2012 at 10:57 AM
itsatdm is offline   Reply With Quote