View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 02:06 PM   #37
lake_harley OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 679
Thanks again, Bill....I noticed your location as "backwoods Alabama", so I guess there might be a similar "make it work" mentality with me, being more or less "backwoods Missouri" I like to "make it work and use it up". I did notice a significant difference in your stand vs. the Reynolds, in that the spring runs forward on your modified stocker, while my Reynolds has long springs that run rearward and wrap around a frame crossmember and hook back to the "uncoiled" stem of the spring.

It seems the amount of pleasure I get from a bike is proportional to the sweat equity I have in it, and inversely proportional to the amount of money I have invested. Of my bikes right now, my favorite is my ~$600.00 '83 Gold Wing that was brought back from near death after it survived a tornado and the following 2 1/2 years of neglect. Since it's resurection, I've ridden it 12,000+ miles and recently did a SaddleSore 1000 on it. My wife is really comfy on it,too, so that makes me even happier! I think the /6 is going to give the 'Wing a run for satisfaction and gratification once I get it running well and back on the road once again.

Thanks for the centerstand info and pics!

Lynn
IBA Member #49541
lake_harley is offline   Reply With Quote