View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #8
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,628
We are back from Cabo. And this trip made me realize once again that I don't really like Cabo San Lucas. It is expensive and full of tourists looking for something that it is not. For now on, I am just going to stop at Loreto or the Bay of Conception and hang out on the beach with some cold beers. To me.....that is real Mexico. But I am glad we went nonetheless. It was my GF's first time riding to the tip so we had to do it. And it was nice to get a shower in a real hotel.
On the way back we camped at El Requision on the beach for 2 nights. It is my favorite spot in the world so far. We caught some fish, clams and scallops for dinner.
I have traveled thru Baja over 100 times in the past 10 years and I have not had one bad experience down there. The people that are fearful of Mexico are the people that never go but they are quick to spout warnings to everyone about its dangers.
On Monday, I am heading up to Alaska for about a month. I think I am going to log in about 10,000 miles along the way. More on that later......
I am going to upload some Baja pictures and videos as soon as I figure out how to do this