View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 04:57 PM   #88
guitarhack OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,187
Day 11, part 4

As we exited Capitol Reef, we hung a right and headed east, and passed the "Old Fruita Schoolhouse"

Soon after, I noticed a parking area that looked to be park-related, and made the second spur of the moment stop for the day (the 1st being way back at Cedar Breaks). After parking we walked over to this sign:

...then we played Where's Waldo for a few moments - staring at a rock cliff-face. Then Christina spotted the drawings..

We felt lucky to have stopped.

Unfortunately, the sun continued on its path - so we had to too. And the sights just kept surprising us.

I think these shots are when we neared "Capitol Dome"

'sup dude?

Some more random on the fly (upside down and left handed) shots. Trying to get to Moab before sunset...

Anybody know the story of this little building?

...Look at that rock behind it!

The composition of the rock started to change...

As I mentioned earlier (and for good reason), I stopped pushing the limits of my fuel range - as running out of gas isn't fun. At this point in the day, I was starting to run a little low, and was glad when I came across this weird gas station

I wanted to go inside, but the Support Crew was getting a little miffed at the length of the day. Did I miss anything?

A few more pics:

I will spare you the other 250 pictures I took that day, but we got to Moab right at sunset, checked into the hotel, and enjoyed the chocolate chip cookies they had out in the lobby .

It really was an awesome day. They bike was running like a top, the roads were a blast, and the scenery could not have been better.

Tomorrow: Arches and Canyonlands National Parks.

guitarhack screwed with this post 07-05-2012 at 06:55 PM
guitarhack is offline   Reply With Quote