View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #72
too old
Keen supporter

Oddometer: 2,378
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente View Post
Nope... no binder full of notes... most of what I write (90%) is basically from memory (often I just ramble away... People who have shared camp fires with me can confirm this ), and sometimes I will refer to the web to confirm some minor detail (dates and records about the early days - pre 1985 - are pretty fuzzy and sometimes hard to verify) - that's where the enthusiasm of some of the other ADV f5 dakar officionados come in handy. Some of the euro forum guys that have followed the sport since many years back - thanks again to fellows like Carlos M, Flood, Gian and others etc. as well as the US mainstays like Doyle and PackMule for what they bring to f5/ADV (We sometimes waffle on via PM's during january like a bunch of old nerds... but the enthusiasm is infectious ).

Personally, I've been a rally/Dakar/Safari-head since about 1985... so along with my own enduro/mx/rally involvement over that time... I dunno why, but much of the trivia stuff has just fastened in there.

Cheers all!
Thanks Troy - a question for you then, when was it the last time a Brit was a focus of a major Dakar challenge, with Honda selecting young Sam, for the reasons that have?
too old is online now   Reply With Quote