View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 10:42 PM   #641
theantipaul
Reforming Neandertal

Oddometer: 1,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Pig View Post
The flood would be pointed down and infront of the bike and run on a PWM dimmer with a high beam by pass so it acts as the low beam on the road at night. Then for high beam or offroad riding the flood would come on at full power filling in the area in fron of the bike and to the sides, wile the spot LED would give you long distance lighting. I would put the flood up top pointing down so it can bette fill in the dark spots behind bumps or when the front wheel is lofted.

The lower LED would be the spot pointed straight down the trail.

It would be super easy to mount one of these on the roadbook mount:

That is how I've been testing mine, spot on the lower and driving on the upper, the way I remember it on the driving Squadron 2 of the reflectors are flood and 2 are spot.

Steamboat stopped by last week and had that dimmer on his 950, it was very slick because it has a separate wire lead for a high beam over ride that you could wire up to a switch for full power and about 1/4 the size of the BD dimmer. I was sold.

As far as the Squadrons go, I'm done looking, they're built for racing so they might not be for everyone, but for me it has everything I'd spec out if I was building one with the exception of a built in dimmer for the driving version.

Phil, can't wait to hear how it goes!

Man lived, Man suffered, Man died

theantipaul is offline   Reply With Quote