View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 07:50 AM   #56
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,641
After eating I decided to continue north. As I progressed north, the landscape changed and the roads became less curvy and flatter. Here's a few pics I took. I'm not sure where I took them but i think they were all north of I-70.

A bare hilltop:

Due to some sort of mining.

there were still some curves.

and plenty of tar snakes.

Then a tornado suddenly appeared, picked me up and deposited me in the middle of kansas

Well OK, maybe not, but it sure looked that way.

I went through Amish country and saw a few horse and buggies. After passing one I decided to pull over and take a break since I was stuck behind a slow moving fire truck. This buggy came by and the driver who appeared to be a fairly young man, slowed way down so he could check out my scooter.

I continued north until I came to Alliance. I asked if there were any hotels nearby and was told to go east about 10 to 15 minutes. At this point the riding was getting pretty boring and I wasn't that far from my parents house so I call my Mom too make sure getting there that night wouldn't be a problem. She said no problem so that's what I did. the rest of the ride was boring, first some stop and go traffic followed by what I had planned on avoiding; some miles on the interstate.

Total miles for the day: 298

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote