View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 07:58 PM   #48
See-Three OP
C3

Oddometer: 144
Push to start

7/5/12
I spent Thursday morning at Performance cycle in Bethany OK. turns they didn't have the parts either, besides a chain. but I have to say they went above and beyond in searching for someone who might, turns out no one in the area has anything. it was Looking like I'd be spending the night in the OK city area again as performance cycle could have parts overnight shipped from Huston Texas and have them by 10-11 tomorrow.
I really didn't want to pay for another hotel on top of over priced dealership parts all while making no progress on the TAT. So I left for a little while to find some internet and look for another option. Admitting defeat i decided to go back and order the parts. While there i started talking with one of the sales girls and all of a sudden she was on the phone looking for a rear sprocket. She ended up calling one of her clients that she had sold a DRZ to in hopes he had replaced the stock sprockets. He hadn't, but he immediately offered to take both sprockets off of his bike and sell them to me for 50$! Next thing i knew the shop guy offered me the second motorcycle lift and any tools i needed!
before long i had my new sprockets installed and did an oil change.

Outstanding customer service at performance cycle, i definitely suggest them.

Also if your ever there ask to see the collection of bikes upstairs. 100+ vintage bikes of all sorts!

Shot at 2012-07-06

Shot at 2012-07-06

Shot at 2012-07-06

Nicest camping spot yet

Shot at 2012-07-06

Fixed one problem and am now stuck with a bigger one.

Not long after leaving my camp spot i stopped for a break, All ready to leave i get back on the bike and push the starter button and the solenoid clicked! DEAD BATTERY! Luckily I was stopped where a dirt road turned into pavement and was able to push start it.

Shot at 2012-07-06

next thing i do is go into town to look for a shop that can help, but of course i get nothing besides finding out there's a few shops 70miles north in dodge city. I really didn't want to make the drive to dodge so i continued down the TAT finishing the whole pan handle of Oklahoma. Luckily i never stalled, there are a few sections of really deep sand.

There is absolutely nothing out on the pan handle

Shot at 2012-07-06
BTW this is not a dead end

Shot at 2012-07-06

I was gonna head a little south into NM to find a motel and look for parts but came across this gate...it had a sign that said no something but it has fallen apart and was unreadable. all tracks ended here so i decided to turn around.

Shot at 2012-07-06

I turned the bike off here to take a brake. It started easily with a bump but now the instrument panel is blank. Until this point the dash board was working fine once i got moving.

Shot at 2012-07-06

I've done a quick go over of the bike but have found nothing, I think the stator crapped out on me

I'm about 40 miles south of Lamar right now, gonna head there tomorrow. I would have tonight but the headlight is very dim and does not get brighter when revved.

See-Three screwed with this post 07-08-2012 at 06:01 PM
See-Three is offline   Reply With Quote