Originally Posted by basepc
Go to posting #6536 here, Birdy68 describes how to do the service indicator reset with freeware Torque and an android cell phone with a bluetooth dongle (whatever that is).
Here's the link to 6536: http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....postcount=6536
And he says:
Do you have an Android phone?
1) Download and install Torque - it's FREE - onto your phone!
2) Buy an OBDII Bluetooth Dongle.
3) Plug the dongle into your diagnostic plug on the Tigger.
4) Switch on your phone & bluetooth
5) Start the Tigger
6) Pair the Bluetooth device & the phone
7) Start Torque (on the phone)
8) Select 'Clear Warning Codes'
Despite what the above reads, I was also under the impression you need dealertool to clear the service indicator. I'm almost up to 5k miles though, and I have all the above mentioned, so I'll give it a go when the time comes.
BTW, I don't think you need to start the bike as mentioned in #5 to see codes. You can just turn the ignition on. Of course if you want to see parameters of certain sensors, you'll have to start it. If you don't start it, pull the headlight fuses to keep the battery from draining (this is more important for tuneecu).