View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #96
guitarhack OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDave View Post
Good morning Brad ,

Totally diggin' the last several installments. There's so much to see in Utah. As I was viewing your photos of places I'd been before, I sat here shaking my head at all the things you saw that I've never seen. Just awesome. Looking forward to Canyonlands. The road leading in and out is just as epic as the vistas, dontcha think? Keep up the good work .

Hey Dave.

Yep, Utah was just amazing. It is hard to NOT have a great view. I think you could give a blind man a camera and the results would be successful. There is just too much to see to capture it all.

I know what you mean regarding sights that aren't in the parks. The views outside most parks are just as good as inside. I guess Mother Nature didn't draw any strict boundaries. For example; the road just south or Arches (that you turned me onto in one of your RRs) was totally awesome. We will get to that in a couple of days.

Another thing that occurred to me: The National Park System has been around for 100+ years. It would be easy to conclude that after such a long period of time, most of the Uber-Cool places would already be included in the system. They aren't. Many of the cool sights aren't even near any of the current parks. MOST of southern Utah, from a scenery standpoint, could qualify as National Park material in my book. ...it's just a wonderful area of the country.

guitarhack screwed with this post 07-07-2012 at 11:50 AM
guitarhack is offline   Reply With Quote