View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 02:03 PM   #1
Pray4Snow OP
Saddle Monkey

Oddometer: 95
Edmonton to the Island ... and Beyond!!!

Soooo...
Last year's trip is a distant memory. The 'separate-yet-equal' vacation plan was a huge success ... I got the best of both worlds ... some nice alone-time on the bike, and some family vacation. It was so successful, that the wife suggested it again this year ...hmmmm, not sure what that says about my company.

Anyway, the wife wanted to visit some friends of hers at different points on the mainland of British Columbia, and I wanted to see some of the northern BC coast. She didn't want to learn to tow our camper trailer, so she's armed with a tent, a mini-van full of camping gear, and a pocket-full of phone numbers for hotels if the tenting doesn't work out.

My route will take me from Edm. to Prince George, and then out to Prince Rupert. If the weather's good, I'll leave a day earlier and take a side trip up to Hudson's Hope to see the Bennett Dam. If the weather is crappy, I'll probably just bee-line it for PR. From PR, it's a short 13-hour ferry ride down the inside passage to Vancouver Island, where I'll meet up with the whole fam damily again at Tofino. Once we're done on the island, we'll come back through WA, ID, and MT.

I'm not sure of my ability to post from the road, so the RR might have to wait until I return.

P4S

Pray4Snow screwed with this post 11-17-2012 at 11:10 AM
Pray4Snow is offline   Reply With Quote