View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 09:07 AM   #2
Bikehigh OP
Not Dead Yet

Oddometer: 3,766
Rode up from Philadelphia on Friday, to the cabin in Tamworth. Not the clearest of evenings when I got there, can't see Mt Washington.

I set off the next morning with the intention of riding the Kancamagus Highway and then swinging around to ride the Mount Washington Auto Road.

Headed up 16 and filled my tank before hitting the Kanc. The Kanc on the climb up to the high point is not in the greatest shape it's been in at the moment. Pretty lumpy, broken up and patched. Didn't mind the pace due to traffic. For the most part the people in front of me were keeping a good pace, and it was still fun.

Stopped at an overlook for some picture taking.

On the downslope, the road was in a lot better shape and a lot more fun.

Stopped for another picture taking opportunity.

Rolled into Lincoln and headed up 93 to Franconia Notch. Real nice ride. Stopped at the Cannon Mountain tram in the notch. Spotted this Bandit that had been converted to hack duty. Nice looking rig!

Took the tram to the top.

And took the short hike over to the observation tower at the top of the mountain. Quite a hazy day, but still worth it. Got a great cup of chili and a Sierra Nevada while I waited for the tram back down.

Where The Old Man of the Mountain used to be before he fell down.

Bikehigh screwed with this post 07-12-2012 at 07:42 AM
Bikehigh is offline   Reply With Quote