View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #17
caryder OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 200
Jets and other stuff

Right. I bought the needles initially based on Economy Cycle info without knowing the whole story.

The carb mod has to work together but the crossover stands on its own, which is why I want to try the crossover before I do anything else.

All my new parts shipped today so I should have more information next weekend. I'm also modifying my beat up set of expansion chambers with O2 bungs so I can see what's going on with wideband sensors. I'm also going to try to remove the dents in the chambers.

I'll probably foul an O2 sensor in a relatively short time but they are only $35. The idea isn't to dial in the jetting (although I could) but more to see what's going on with the AFR when the bike bogs at 5K and I add throttle. I don't think too many people put O2 sensors on two strokes but maybe someone else already knows the answer.

I also intend to purchase a dyna ignition from Vintage Smoke and EGT sensors from Economy or HVC but both were out of stock of the EGT sensors. I guess the supplier stopped carrying the sensors.
2003 Kawasaki KDX220R
1976 Yamaha RD400C
caryder is offline   Reply With Quote