View Single Post
Old 10-09-2005, 12:19 PM   #82
ChainSaw
Ironbutt Wannbe

Oddometer: 479
1. "WTF were you thinking?"

Age: 31. I was trying to win a Harley in Vegas on the slots. Came home and started doing some serious research, which led me to the conclusion that all Harey's don't cost $25,000. Ordered one 2 days later, signed up for MSF course before bike was built. I thought, if I change my mind, the HD has great resale value, and I can walk away with a minor loss.

2. What was your first bike?
2001 Harley-Davidon Sportster.

3. How do you feel about starting so late?
If I had started before I was 21, I would have been a fatality statistic. Better late than never.

4. What bikes have you progressed to / thru?
Bought a second bike in June 2002, a 2003 Buell Firebolt, before the HD was a year old. Still have both, eyeballing getting a third.

Fast forward 4 years, I have ridden my HD in 31 states including Alaska, Canada, and Mexico, all solo. I ride year round in anything but snow (although I've done that too). I've got 63,000+ miles between the 2 bikes, I wrench on my own rides, and spend way too much time on the internet reading about bikes, travel reports and tech tips.