View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 12:29 PM   #64
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,366
The next two day of this trip did not involve any riding but I am including them because they are the reason I went all the way to Northern Ohio.

To refresh your memory, I went to Ohio because my parents were throwing a party to celebrate their 50th anniversary. It would also be somewhat of a family reunion. It's been a while sine I had seen my brother and his wife and there would be other relatives who I had never met, or met when I was very young but didn't remember.

It had been about 7 years since my last time here. I decided to take a few pics but I should have taken more. My parents are still quite active and take good care of their property. It's almost like being in a park.

My mom backing on of her riding lawn mowers into the shed. It's one of three riding lawnmowers. They also have several regular lawn mowers. And people wonder why I have multiple bikes. It runs in the family to have lots of toys.

The "shed" in the pic is actually a 1 1/2 car garage which my dad built himself. Well, my brother and I did "help" but I'm not sure how much help I actually was. This was the first building on this property. the house came next and then the barn in the back. Gotta have space for all the toys.

Looking back to the barn.

We needed to get some tables out of the barn for the party. I took some pics.

Old Ford 250 in excellent condition.

It fired right up and sounds just like those old American V-8s used to sound. Not over muffled and sanitized like a modern truck.

My brother sweeps it out. My dad doesn't keep this as antique, he uses it to haul stuff.

More "toys" in the barn:

Remember these?

My parents relaxing on the back deck.

My dad has always been one of those people who could build or fix just about anything. Guess who built the deck?

How about this custom lamplight switch:

It's a working door handle which also serves as a light switch for a 3 way bulb.

Hanging out the night before the party.

Dad also built the bar and finished this room in the basement which has been the site of many parties.

klaviator screwed with this post 07-10-2012 at 12:34 PM
klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote