View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #9
JZed
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Progressive 465 on Gs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJUNKY View Post
I would not buy a Progressive shock!!! I had one on my GSPD and the shaft broke in half. I called Progressive and they basically said tough luck they will sell me a new one. I am not the only one that has had one break.
GJunky
Sorry to hear that you had a problem with your shock. Does not sound like that was a pleasant experience.
I seem to remember reading in one of the threads that Progressive had made some shocks that were not torqued correctly between the rod and the moving end. The threaded connection would get loose and failure resulted. Ouch.
I recall that a couple of inmates got a free replacement from Progressive, but don't think that was your experience.

I do have a Progressive 465-1131 on my R100GS. It has a 16 mm shaft and good damping characteristics. I am a big guy, 6'3" & 265 lb and my wife is 6'1" & 180 lbs. The shock does a good job for us 2 up on and off highway. A good deal for around $450. So I give the Progressiive 465 a thumbs up, but do check for thread back-out when I do a service on the final drive, swing arm or drive shaft.

Ride safe.

JZed

SC
'86 R80
'92 R100GS
'06 KLR650

JZed screwed with this post 07-10-2012 at 05:36 PM
JZed is offline   Reply With Quote