View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 12:30 AM   #23
Crooked Creek OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 417
Prelude

So I didn't really have time for an adventure ride this year. My holidays were booked in August for a family event and I had resigned myself to some short exploring trips around home. But a week before I left, my lovely wife suggested she could probably survive a few days without me.

You see, we (mostly her) are due to have our 4th child any day here. So if I was going to go, it was now or never. With only a few days, I knew where I wanted to go. I threw up a post on ADV to see if anyone wanted to come with, but no one did. Probably was for the best though, as the pace ended up being a little intense.

Still was the most relaxing thing I've done all year.

The night before, I put some stuff together and the next day I loaded up the bike, kissed the family goodbye and hit the road.

I'm not exactly known for my packing skills, but I am getting better. And like I said, about 60% of what's on the bike was rafting gear. I didn't bring any food or even a sleeping pad.

The setup was a little top heavy, but (as you can see) streamlined, which I prefer with so much high speed riding to get to the destination. My R2 is not exactly a torquemaster, but she eats up the highway miles no problem as long as you don't load her 4 feet wide.

First stop.

Canada's Best Kept Secret: 500 km from the nearest paved road here

Crooked Creek screwed with this post 07-11-2012 at 01:51 AM
Crooked Creek is offline   Reply With Quote