View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #52
pcvance OP
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 5,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtrick View Post
Rincon and cedar are wide open trails this days , The first time i drop down cedar and rode the upper part o rincon was hard the see the trail in the top , we folow wath we think was the trail and half way down we founfd the actual trail , full overgrown and tons o tree's, same with rincon spend the night on the trail because was no trtail the ride and that take tons o time , couple years later we found the USFS want to close it so we went and clear the trail and fix all the issues they sem to have Dave(lonewolf ) and myself have over 600 volunteer hourKs each o trail work in 2 years period and the trail was finish with the help o ktmtalk members in 2003 ,wen we re route the switch backs in the south part o the trail before packsadle cave, that same year we fix the swicht back right pass salmon creek bridge and since theme the trail only need brush and tree clear, 2 years ago stewards o the sequoias clean it and re adopt it because they can .we never got a single phone call asking iff we want to help or anything , but that is SOS , they think the have to have their nose everywear.
Soon the piutes maps be relese and all the good trails there be destroy also .
At least no many riders ride the domeland area .Is the only part unmolested in the southern sierras

that is a little be the history and why the trail still there.
That is a great story Javier on the history of the Rincon/Cedar canyon trails. Thanks for all you're trail work up there! It's nice to have these trails close to home...By the way the suspension on the KTM 525 is still working great! And I pound on it alot, over 120 hours since you "trailtricked it".