View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #68
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phipsd View Post
2600 miles? That's painful. I could see it if your scoot had dinky little 12 inch wheels. I put 15000 km on the stock rear Maxxis on my Citycom and it still wasn't done, but I picked up a small nail so it was time. I expect to do better with the replacement Michelin.

People shouldn't be surprised at long distance scooter travel. There was a Canadian who rode a Honda 250 scoot around the world a number of years ago.
I have worn out three different tires, a Maxxis, Kenda, and Dunlop. The Dunlop was the worst but the others weren't that much better.

People shouldn't be surprised at long distance scooter travel but there are some people out there who believe anything under 1000cc is too small

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laconic View Post
I can relate exactly to your comments about age and how perceptions change as I get older. Not to mention I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd be 53.

That woman is 90? I'd have pegged her at 65, 70 at the oldest.
When is was really young, being over 50 seemed so far away I didn't even think about it. Now it seems that 60 is just around the corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb126 View Post
Love the family stuff and growing old vs growing up.

I'm seriously contemplated buying an 09 sportcity 250 a local dealer has with less than 300 miles on it for $2,899. Haven't quite talked myself out of it yet. Told myself the next bike would be more dual sport, your ride report is tempting me to go for the scooter.
Dual sport bikes are great, I have two of them. They are more fun than a scooter when you get them in the right environment, but I don't get the chance to do that very often. I ride my scooters MUCH more than my dual sports because they work much better for the type of riding I get to do most of the time. Besides, the Sport City does pretty good when the pavement ends. If you have never owned a scooter, I'd recommend giving it a try. But I must warn you, you'll probably end up riding it all the time and your other bikes will gather dust

klaviator is online now   Reply With Quote