View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #25
Vector Leto
Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodeHazard View Post
639 miles. Time for the break in period oil change.

Quite simple, just: Remove engine guards; Remove front covers; Remove storage box; Remove left fuel tank; Remove center bracket; Remove engine oil drain plug and clean; Drain oil from engine; Remove oil filter; Remove oil filter housing plug; Remove engine oil screen and clean; Remove oil tank drain plug and clean; Drain oil from tank; Remove oil tank line; Remove oil tank screen and clean; Install new Zip-Ty magnetic engine oil drain plug; Install new Zip-Ty magnetic oil filter housing plug; Install new Zip-Ty magnetic oil tank drain plug; Install new oil filter; Install engine oil screen and cover; Install oil tank line screen; Install oil tank line; Install center bracket; Install left fuel tank; Install front covers; Install storage box; Install engine guards; Fill oil tank with 2.5 quarts of oil; Warm engine; and top off oil.
I just did the first oil change on mine (same year and model) last week. As I was reading through your post, I didn't understand what you meant by "Remove oil filter housing plug". I'm only aware of two plugs; the engine oil plug and oil tank plug. Just wondering if I missed something.

I hate to ask this, but I'm going to anyway. What did you do about servicing the clutch jet?

Thanks for the thread. Very informative.

Vector Leto is offline   Reply With Quote