View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 12:29 PM   #72
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,858
It was getting hot so I decided to stop at the Kentucky welcome center to take a break and soak my cooling vest. When I pulled into the parking lot I saw a loaded Wee Strom so I parked next to it. I pulled off my helmet, jacket and gloves and before I could walk into the welcome center, the Wee Strom rider walked up. We started talking. It turns out he is also an inmate of this forum. We ended up talking for about 20 minutes or so before we both needed to get going. I did get a pic:

One of the benefits of riding, as opposed to just traveling in a cage is that you are much more likely to meet interesting people, at least that has been my experience.

Anyway, Jeff, if you see this post It was good talking to you.

Then I went in, soaked my vest, put it on and got back on the road. For those of you who have never tried a cooling vest, it's like riding with a wet t-shirt except it stays wet for hours.

my route was 71 south to 265 to 65 south.

Some random pics:

I got to Cave City sometime in the evening. Total distance for the day was 462 miles. I think that 500+ miles on my 250 would not be a problem and much more if I needed to.

I had dinner with my brother and sister in law followed but hanging out by the hotel hot tub. They sat in the tub but after a day in the heat, sitting in a hot tub was the last thing I wanted to do. It was great to get to spend some more time with them since our time at my parents house was far to short.

Then I called it a night. I still had another half day of riding the next day......and I had no route planned yet.

klaviator screwed with this post 07-25-2012 at 01:43 PM
klaviator is online now   Reply With Quote