View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #8
NomadGal OP
Esther

Oddometer: 1,050
July 11
Left my Journal at the campsite, so I will just quickly write what is left in my memory.
I had a great time at Hondo's place, he made me feel very much at home, and even, without my knowing or his, bought my favorite Boca burger Chik'n patties.
I bought a new $100 chain on Monday, hopefully this one will last a tad longer, my other one lost a bunch of O-rings and was utterly stretched out. I will need a new front rim eventually, but a job comes first. Put JB-Weld on the crack in the rim.

Hondo made me a camera mount for on the handlebar with aluminum and velcro. It's awesome and works great. Now I can easily take pics while riding. (Hmmm, don't think my dad will like that one, I'll be careful Dad!)
Hondo has a couple of great kids, and we watched Jurassic park late Monday evening.
Packed my bag on Tuesday and said goodbye, sniff sniff.
The road to Salida was awesome, some mountainous areas and some very flat.

I took a short break in Salida to say Hi to a couple from ADV riders, but neither one was there so I continued to Crestone.

Crestone is very quaint and small, and I love it!
The campground is absolutely perfect, and cheap as well, $7 a night.

It's located in the Northern part of Crestone, and situated agains a rock face, and has a small creek running through it. I was able to ride my bike up to my hammock, and hopefully nobody will grumble that I did so.

I did have to hang up my food in case of bears.
Think I will hang here for a while and get some painting done and some reading and genuine R&R

NomadGal screwed with this post 09-07-2012 at 02:15 PM
NomadGal is offline   Reply With Quote