View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #456
Calgary06
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSriderMike View Post
After being tossed up & completely lost in the different crash bars, I think I've finally settled on the GIVI's. But do you know if they will work with the BMW Bash Plate? I hope they do, if not I don't know what the heck I'll get instead. Also do they bolt up to the engine or to the two empty holes in the engine area? Do they offer fender protection? Thanks!
I've got the Givi's on my 800 with a MOD skid plate (not that it helps you with the BMW one).
Easy install. It took me about a beer's worth of time with no extra parts left over at the end of the process.
Protection wise they have worked better than I expected. A couple of good 'incidents' and I have only minor scuffing of the paint...more than likely from my body on it's way to the ground. The only parts to touch dirt are the hand guards, Givi's and the foot pegs - on flat ground - gently lowered with loving affection...
I have, on the other hand, bent the bejeezus out of them and cracked one of the welds. The flat mounting plates on the upper right side are now wonderfully curved. Why I always fall to the right I haven't figured out yet. I used a sledge hammer to even out the left and right sides and all is good again until a new set arrives. They also work very well for leg rests on long highway stints and are great mounting points for lights or cameras.
Money well spent in my opinion.
Paul