View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 08:13 PM   #8
STROM-CRF450X-990SMT OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 207
If they are aggressive and price it around 10k I reckon it will be a winner. The G650GS donk is deceptively strong as standard, and this is 10hp up so should be hugely different. I say the normal engine is deceptive as riding it back to back with XT660R the Yamaha engine feels so much more responsive and aggressive, yet I ran back to back acceleration tests and roll ons and there was nothing in it, off the jump the Yamaha has the edge but from there does not pull away from the BMW. So with 10 more hp up top, this engine should be good. It just feels so flat in BMW guise, which like I say really blew me away when doing the acceleration tests on it, as it is a lot more powerful than it feels.

Husky priced the Nuda quite aggressivley in comparison to what BMW charge for the F800R, and if they follow that line you would expect them to price this well. If it is 10k I reckon it will do real well....? Certainly will make DR/KLR650 engines feel pathetically underdone, which of course they are, as they are 15 years old in design.