View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 08:30 AM   #14
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,051
At this point in the trip I had to say goodbye to the Triumph and put the 675 up for sale. It had high miles (32k), but cosmetically and mechanically it was in exceptional condition and had about $4k of aftermarket parts on it. I've sold a couple bikes before and it's not high on my list of things I like to do in my free time. Last time I sold a bike I got everything from, "I'll trade you an 82 Celica with a faulty water pump., to "company check" scams to "why do I need to give you a deposit for a test ride?" Urr, if you drop it or steal it, maybe? "Well I'll give you my license...I don't have $4k." "Well, fucktard if you don't have $4k why are you wasting my time?" The guy who finally bought it showed up with his drug dealing possie and paid me with cash that smelled like weed so bad I had to deodorize it with Lysol several times while letting it air out on the wood floor of my flat.

So I priced the Daytona to sell: "$3900 firm or, if you want to negotiate, the price is $4500, but I'll work with you." From the amount of multiple, immediate "I will buy it right now" responses I got clearly I had underpriced the bike. I'm a Sales Director, so, ummm, yeah, shows you that I've been selling software for too long in a buyers market.

In any case, got a solid buyer and really started regretting it almost immediately. But as it is I my FJ Cruiser and my gutted full-race S2000 were in storage and I simply didn't want to deal with a third vehicle I wasn't going to be driving. So off to a good home it went.

AntiHero screwed with this post 11-29-2012 at 10:31 PM
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote