View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 10:17 PM   #70
mknight OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 364
We spent the entire day today, (Saturday July 14, 2012) prepping for Josh’s fundraiser next weekend. We pounded lathe all day and strung several thousand feet of ribbon and I bought another 8,000 feet of ribbon tonight.

You know that feeling when you see a perfectly groomed MX track in the morning ready for race day…..well, seeing a big open field with endless lathe and ribbon creates that same feeling for me too (I’ll never forget seeing my first real ISDE special test laid out….or the first time you see the Idaho City grass track).

We also made great progress on the Endurcross section of the course. Huge thanks to friends Greg Gillian, Charles Rhodes, and Jim Keller (and several others), who spent their whole day out there in the heat and rain helping us. There is still a lot of work to do but we’re getting super excited for next weekend to put on a combined ISDE style event and Open MX practice at the Ogden Cycle Association motocross track.

Our lathe and ribbon is so tiny but trust me when I say there is A LOT of it there. This is the grass track that has a lot of everything. It’s going to be way fun when it starts to get rough and rutted.

Then we went to work on some of the beginning sections of the Endurocross course. It wouldn’t be Endurocross without some big pipes.

First bike over the big bikes was Jim’s 6 year old son on a KTM 50. Nobody can complain about it now.

Small tire jump (haven’t been able to acquire any Loader tires yet).

Slowly starting to take shape.