View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 07:01 AM   #80
See-Three OP
C3

Oddometer: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
C3, glad you are back on track. Great report. Me and my cohorts are right behind you. We leave for Cascade, Colorado on the 20th for a ride through Colorado, Utah and Wyoming. I can't wait.

What are the temperatures like in Colorado right now?
The weather in CO was nice. I've been wearing mesh pants and a roost protector with a jersey. I found myself getting chilled at times and going for my windproof fleece. Also make sure you've got some rain gear, i've had mine on atleast once a day over the last 3 days.

7/13/12
A good 200 mile day on the TAT.

Shot at 2012-07-14
lots of rocks on the smaller trails out here.

Shot at 2012-07-15

From mountain tops to canyons, gotta love the TAT!

Shot at 2012-07-14

Rained HARD most of the night. my trusty 12 year old kelty has finally lost it's waterproofness. leaked like a sieve at times

Shot at 2012-07-14

Shot at 2012-07-14

7/15/12

This day sucked!

I'm in the kimball wash area, the trails are epic out here, I'm digging all the rock ledges and banked walls to the trails. Then it happens, cruising down a straightaway, maybe doing 25-30 I go to cross a small puddle. All of a sudden I'm laying on my back looking up at the sky! I get up maybe 10 feet from my bike and see it almost entirely underwater, WTF....I took me a good hour plus to get it out. turns out it sucked up enough water to hydro-lock itself. Guess the one tool i forgot to bring, yeah, a spark plug socket.
This was a bad situation. I decided I'd try walking out to rt70, there was a rest stop 10+miles back at the start of the trail. About 4 miles into the walk i was able to find cell service and called the closest towing company. 30+ miles away...An hour and a half later a guy shows up in his little 4x4 ranger. amazing we were able to make it out to my bike and get it in the back of his truck.

I got stuck at 8am, and had my bike back and running at this guys shop by 6:30pm.....It was a long trying day. I had to think long and hard weather to turn east or west on rt 70 at the end of the day. I turned west.

Shot at 2012-07-15

Shot at 2012-07-15

Shot at 2012-07-15
See-Three is offline   Reply With Quote