View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #34
Big_D
n00b

Oddometer: 4
I've only put 3,000 on mine so far, but I've enjoyed every second. I just finished my first extended ride two weeks ago....about 600 miles in 2 days, from the central valley into the high sierras, past Reno and back down I-80. Mainly highway, but a good 100+ miles of dirt and a couple miles of single track. I was absolutely blown away at how well this bike manages in the rough stuff. It is NOT a dirtbike, but it can handle almost anything you are willing to try! I ended up committed to a rough downhill section of jeep trail with big granite and loose dirt. The road got uglier as I continued so I turned around and had to make it back up. This hill would have been tough on my 250 dirtbike!! Not saying the f800gs floated up the hill with ease, but I made it! I even got a standing ovation from a group of Jeepers.

I love this bike and haven't had a second of regret. It really is a jack of all trades.........fun in the twisters, comfy enough for long mileage days and still nimble enough to explore the backwoods.
Big_D is offline   Reply With Quote