View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 06:35 PM   #13
TaZ9
Ultimate Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
Being dog loving adventurers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachary View Post
it will definitely impact our route for the rtw. Some places require pretty serious documentation, a quarantine period or you just can't get dogs in. We've done some preliminary research, but we didn't want to get too far ahead of ourselves - we'll do a full route mapping once we find out how the dogs do on this colorado trip.

Canada, for example, only requires proof of current rabies vaccination. (and ontario requires that your dog can't be a pit or pit mix.) other places require a recent medical check from a veterinarian to certify that your dog is healthy, or even special documentation you have to get completed by government-org-certified veterinarians.

So yeah. I think it'll definitely add an element of complication to border crossings. But when we do the rtw, whether it be soon-ish with the dogs or later after the dogs are no longer with us, we plan to take our time and not have a schedule or a date when we need to get home. So if we're delayed at a border crossing, it really won't be a big deal. *shrug* it's all part of the adventure!
Why would you even consider spending your time and money in a backward thinking place like Ontario. As I'm sure you know, pits and pit mixed dogs are some of the most loyal and loving animals on this planet. For anyone to believe otherwise shows a true lack of education and first hand experience with this amazing breed.

Other than that, I look forward to following your ride report. I know you and the pups will have a great adventure together.

Ride safe!

Taz9

TaZ9 screwed with this post 07-17-2012 at 06:37 PM Reason: spelling
TaZ9 is offline   Reply With Quote