View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 04:47 AM   #142
tHEtREV
Captain Awesome

Oddometer: 7,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by auguzt View Post
Dunno.... Did Honda ever sell a HRC kit? For the Dakar?
Remember that these people are used to pick their own race bikes and put them all (but one for their own museum) into a press.
I think there will be only one HRC team with HRC bikes. And all the other Honda bikes will be built by privateers with self-developed kits.
I may be wrong but I was pretty sure they did release a limited number of marathon kits for the Africa Twin.

From memory it was basically just rear tanks and body work.

Not sure they had any other semi serious PD type bikes apart from the XLV750...

Edit, I just found this old post from the resident AT guru...

Quote:
Originally Posted by atgreg View Post
Thats a 650 marathon.

Honda sold some 650's in 88-89 and some 750's in 90-91 for the production marathon class in the Dakar. they were basically a standard bike with rear tanks, a bigger main tank and a few other bits and bobs for the rally, the engine was standard. you could buy a bike ready fitted with all the gear or you could buy the kit and fit it yourself. occasiaonally a kit comes up for sale in europs

Im sure for the right person they are worth quite a lot as not many were sold and are something special, I'd kill to get my hands on one of the bikes or a kit.

650 marathon

750 marathon

tHEtREV screwed with this post 07-18-2012 at 04:56 AM
tHEtREV is offline   Reply With Quote