View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 03:37 PM   #42
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,028
need some great roads in Middle TN? Try Hwy 99 in Lewis County. Get your map out and find Napier Lake and Big Chief Creek. Absolutely gorgeous through there. Just about any road in Williamson County. They have more dollars than sense in W County, so they paved every goat path they could find. Most of it is nice two lane black top - but there are lots of driveways leading to houses so far off the road you can't see them. The area around Leipers Fork is great, and Pucketts Grocery and the Country Boy restaturant across the road are popular places for bikers to meet on a Saturday morning. Check out Big East Fork Road in W County, one of my favorites but there is some rough pavement in there. Your V-Strom will not mind it though.

There's a road that runs south from Lawranceburg to Iron City. That one is real pretty.

246 south out of Columbia...

129 from Lynnville to Lynchburg is lots of fun...

247 from Spring Hill to Hwy 50. and from there it's just a hop skip jump to the Natchez Trace or to more great roads in Hickman County. Leatherwood Road. Primm Springs Road. Hwy 230 through Littlelot, to Bucksnort and Only. Highway 438 through Coble over to Hwy 13 will have you coming back for more. Be sure to stop at the Cane Creek Market, but bring cash because they don't want your credit card. It's a great place to stop for a cold drink and a snack. Oh yeah, it's Mennonite Country so watch out for the horse biscuits in the road! If you notice the place with the giant chain link fence near the Hickman/Perry county line, you may want to stop to see of the elk are out in the yard. Yeah, I'm serious!

I would love to show you around sometime!

Walk with the wise and become wise,
for a companion of fools suffers harm. Proverbs 13:20
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote