View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 07:14 AM   #1
Toadride OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 808
Toad On The Road

And so it begins. As of today, a homeless person. Albeit much more fortunate than a true homeless person but the feeling is there. The long, nerve wracking four year divorce battle is over, the apartment is empty,

everything in it being sold, and the truck is gone. My building tools (I'm a builder) and machinery in storage.
The new steed awaits.

The plan is pretty simple. Travel for a year. Prolly just North America for me. We'll see. First to the interior of BC to land at my friend Jim's annual event Bubba's Borscht, Burn and BBQ.

Then north to Prince Rupert for a little cruise up to Haines. Back on the road to Anchorage, Fairbanks, Chicken and back to O Canada. Where I will head east on all the most northerly routes I can find. Drop down into southern Ontario to see some long lost relatives and friends. Then back up, Northern Quebec, Trans Lab, Newfy and her eastern cousins. By then I'll prolly be feelin the chill so I'll begin my Snowbird routine of dropping down the eastern US coast. Fla., Texas Coast, Arizona, New Mex., and S. Cali all will be lookin good for the chilly months. And, who knows, if I meet the right people, wise in the ways of Mexican travel who speak Spanish and am invited along, I may just join them. Come late spring I will hopefully be able to ride up the Rockies thru Colorado, Idaho and the like to get back to the Kootenay region to find that perfect little acre to buy and build my new home. It's a vague plan but it's all I got.