View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 08:37 AM   #89
Cornbread82 OP
Sir Crash A Lot!

Oddometer: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster View Post
Team,

Just bought a T Shirt to help support. I love the idea. Best of luck to all of you and hope you all remain safe.

A fellow inmate and I tried to do something similar years ago... We tried to organize a ride in the Dakar to help raise money for Leader Dogs for the Blind. Our effort never got any traction and stalled out basically right after we got started. We never even got sponsor #1. I hope with the support of ADV you guys will do much better. (We didn't know of ADV at time time.)
Thanks for the support Lobster!! Man the Dakar is big big money man, that is my along with most peoples #1 on the bucket list!! No way we could ever have the money for that unless my Redneck retirement plan works, "I win the Lotto"
I had no idea how the cost would get so high on this, when we started. Just like a Baja Noob to think that it would be something like racing WERA.....Hell I can just put everything in the truck and drive down race and drive home....What a JACKA$$ I had no idea, but I will tell you without Ed, Allan, AirborneAndy, and John we would never be where we are right now with this. Not to mention the support we have been getting from the guy like you on ADV. Thanks agin and I hope that you try the Dakar thing again man, I would gladly go with you and help support!!

Brett
Cornbread82 is offline   Reply With Quote