I was not happy with the top mount Pelican setup I had just made. Too much play.
In order to keep enough room for a passenger, the case had to be mounted further back leaving a good amount of overhang. This overhang left the majority of the down force of the case in the middle of the flat bottom. Too weak to offer stiff support.
So I developed a plan.
I picked up a piece of 1/8 inch flat aluminum for ten bucks from a shop in town and set to work. The idea was to add strength as well as a lashing point to further overload the design.
I sized the piece, rounded the corners and drilled and cut lashing slots.
I even added those little swirly things you see on pirate ships.
Once the novelty of the prettiness wore off, I set the new plate in place on top of the bottom of the case, duct taped it in place and drilled mounting holes.