View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 09:50 PM   #36
RRVT
Wild and Crazy Guy

Oddometer: 232
I have a yellow 2009 with 52,000 miles on it. The stator was replaced last year. I have always loved that bike and I will never sell it. It's been to 41 continental states with me, Translab, Newfoundland, six provinces in Canada as far as British Columbia. Great all around bike - good size for riding around town, does well on twisty roads, I would give it 8/10 on highways, and much more capable in dirt than I am willing to push.

But I do admit that after getting an old R1100GS I prefer that one on trips with a lot of highway time or long days. The current plan is to keep knobbies permanently on the 800 once my current set of tires wears out and dedicate this one to more offroad riding.

The bike does have a certain WOW factor to it. After 3 1/2 years of owning it, I still never get tired of looking at it. With the Trax cases and all the stickers I have, I do get a lot of curious looks and people approaching me to ask about the bike.
RRVT is offline   Reply With Quote