View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 05:01 AM   #103
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riff View Post
I loved riding along [vicariously] on this thread! Very nice! I worked in Bluefield on the WV side for a little as a ... will save that for another story, and I drove all along that part of the state to just south of Charleston. Loved all those towns and the people! Great ride, pics and report! PLease keep em coming!

On another subject got me a new ride to go with Kira. I might be able to keep up with you now!
Congratulations on the new ride. I'm glad someone else besides me liked those small towns. They seem to be depressing to a lot of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootard View Post
Hey K:
I've heard "dance with the one what brung ya"" I'm guessing whatever you have that goes when you twist the gas will work. I don't think there is a perfect bike. Enjoy what you have works for me!!

Camping, stealth or glamping is an acquired activity, you will find what works for you. Practice makes if not perfect at least better.

A laptop worked well for us, and allowed me to carry on business as required. Another of Scooterchick's great suggestions.

Oh and by the way. you can grow up without growing old. Never grow old, you're too much fun to hang with the way you are. Thanks again for taking us along, we really enjoyed the trip.....even meeting your relatives....haha

I plan on doing more camping just for "practice". Of course I'll have to take some trips on my bike as well

I've always thought I would get a small laptop for traveling but todays smart phones do so much that I may go that way.

By the way, you have the growing old thing backwards. You have to grow old (or die), but you don't have to grow up. If you don't grow up then you won't act old. Also, there's often a big difference between being chronologically old, and being mentally and physically old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby View Post
Just found this RR. I really enjoyed it. 50% of my dna comes from RT 16 in Ritchie Co WV, and the other 50%, 5 miles from it. ( no jokes please...lol) Lots of familiar places.
Have you spent any time in any of those towns in W VA? I'd be curious to hear what it's like to live there. As for jokes, I can think of far worse places to be from. I lived in New Orleans for a year

klaviator is online now   Reply With Quote